The American Association of Orthodontists recommends kids have an orthodontic check up by age 7. Early intervention is not always needed, but allows Dr. Maxfield to:
- Evaluate bite development
- Check for early or undeveloped teeth
- Prevent damage to teeth & roots
- Correct oral habits (thumb sucking, mouth breathing, snoring)
- Avoid potential problems with self-image
If necessary, the appropriate treatment will be discussed during the first visit to our office.
Read more here: https://aaoinfo.org/whats-trending/is-there-a-benefit-to-early-treatment/